All-Time Favorite - Stuffed Masala Mirchi Bajji | Chili Bajji | Mirapakaya Bajji
Mirchi bajji is a popular street-side snack mostly found in the streets of south India or Andhra regions. The mirapakaya bajji is an all-time favorite evening snack and can be served with chutneys like green chili chutney, coconut chutney, peanut chutney.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Snack Serves: 4
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 15 Min Total Time: 25 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1
Calories: 142 Carbs: 16g. Fat: 6g. Protein: 4g
Long Medium Chilies
2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Jeera Methi Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoon Jaggery
2 Cups Gram Flour
1/4 Cup Rice Flour
1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Jeera Powder
2 Pinches of Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Ajwain Seeds
1. Soak tamarind and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
2. Dry roast 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds and add them to the grinder. Make a fine powder.
3. Add soaked tamarind in the grinder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon jeera methi powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon jaggery, few coriander leaves, and make a smooth paste.
4. Add 2 cups gram flour, 1/4 cup rice flour, 1 teaspoon red chili powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/4 teaspoon jeera powder, 2 pinches of baking powder, 1 teaspoon ajwain seeds, and mix well.
5. Add water and make a smooth batter.
6. Slit the chilies and take out the seeds from the chilies.
7. Stuff the chilies with tamarind paste and keep it aside.
8. Dip the chilies in the gram flour batter and put them in hot oil.
9. Dry them until brown and crispy. Take them out and serve hot.
Watch the Video for Procedure: