Aloo Baingan Fry
Updated: Dec 19, 2020
Aloo Banigan is an amazing combination and makes a delicious flavorful side dish when cooked together with onion, tomatoes, and spices. Generally served with Indian bread like roti or paratha.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 25 Min Total Time: 30 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 200g
Calories: 186 Carbs: 25g. Fat: 9g. Protein: 4g
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 Teaspoon Jeera Seeds
1 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
1/2 Teaspoon Urad Dal
1 Chopped Onion
1 Green Chili
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Long Eggplants
2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
1/4 Teaspoon Kasuri Methi
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add 1 teaspoon jeera seeds, 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1/2 teaspoon urad dal.
2. Sauté them for a minute and add 1 chopped onion.
3. Add 1 green chili, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, and sauté until the rawness goes away.
4. Add 1 tomato, once the tomatoes are soft add 1 chopped potato and mix well.
5. Add 1 teaspoon salt, close the lid and let the potatoes are cook.
6. Now add the sliced eggplants and add 2 teaspoons red chili powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala. Mix well.
7. Cover the lid and cook for 5 minutes or until baingan is cooked.
8. Once the baingan is cooked add Kasuri methi. 9. Garnish with coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
Watch the Video for Procedure: