Aloo Carrot Tikkies - A healthy version of making delicious tikkies.
Aloo Tikki is a quick and easy snack recipe using potatoes. Potato Patties or Aloo Tikkis made with grated potatoes and some mild Indian spices are a great evening snack.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Snack Serves: 4
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 15 Min Total Time: 25 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1
Calories: 120 Carbs: 12g. Fat: 1g. Protein: 1g
1/2 Cup Grated Carrot
4 Chopped Green Chilies
Chopped Coriander Leaves
1 Teaspoon Jeera
1/2 Teaspoon Ajwain Seeds
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
1 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
4 Teaspoons Gram Flour
1/4 Cup Chopped Onions
1. Grate 2 potatoes and wash the grated potatoes in water. Squeeze out all the water from the potato and put it in the bowl.
2. Add 1/2 cup grated carrot, 4 chopped green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, 1 teaspoon jeera, 1/2 teaspoon ajwain seeds, 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 4 teaspoon gram flour, 1/2 cup chopped onions, and mix well.
3. Take around 1 tbsp of the dough and shape it into patties.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil on a skillet or tawa or frying pan till it is medium hot. Gently place the tikki and begin to pan-fry them.
5. When the base is crispy and golden, gently flip each tikki with a spatula.
6. Fry the second side till crispy and golden. You can gently flip once or twice more till the aloo tikki are golden and crisp evenly.
7. Serve Aloo Tikki plain with coriander chutney & tamarind chutney. You can also serve these potato patties with tomato sauce.
Watch the Video for Procedure: