Andhra Style Gutti Vankaya (Eggplant) Fry
Stuffed Eggplant Fry is one of the popular curry variety in Andhra. Tender Eggplants are washed, dried, cut, and stuff with spice powder and then fried in oil till they are cooked completely.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 20 Min Total Time: 30 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1 Cup
Calories: 190 Carbs: 1g. Fat: 1g. Protein: 50g
1 Tablespoon Oil
2 Tablespoons Chana Dal
2 Tablespoons Urad Dal
1 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds
1 Teaspoon Jeera Seeds
1/4 Teaspoon Methi Seeds
Few Dry Red Chilies
2 Teaspoons Coconut Powder
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and add 2 tablespoons chana dal, 2 tablespoons urad dal, 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, 1 teaspoon jeera seeds, 1/4 teaspoon methi seeds, few dry red chilies. Stir fry until it turns slightly dark in color.
2. Add the mixture to the grinder and add 2 teaspoons coconut powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 onion. Make coarse powder.
3. Cut brinjal to four in the bottom, only through 3/4th, not fully.
4. Stuff each eggplant with coarsely ground powder. There will be remaining powder. Set aside.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add stuffed eggplants. Close the lid and cook on a slow flame.
6. Once the eggplants are soft, add the remaining powder.
7. Check if the eggplants are fully cooked. Turn off the stove.
Watch the Video for Procedure: