Beerakaya Palu Kura | Ridge Gourd Milk Curry
Beerakaya Palu Posina kura is a low-calorie vegetarian dish from the traditional cuisine of South Indian State called Andhra Pradesh. Made with fresh ridge gourd and a splash of milk, this unique curry tastes good with rice or roti.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 20 Min Total Time: 25 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1 Cup
Calories: 150 Carbs: 8g. Fat: 2g. Protein: 1g
1 Kg Beerakaya
1 Tablespoon Oil
1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
2 Teaspoons Green Chili Paste
1 Cup Fresh Methi Leaves
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup Milk Chopped
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and add 1/2 cup chopped onions. Sauté until onions are golden brown.
2. Add 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, and mix well.
3. Add 2 teaspoons green chili paste and mix well.
4. Add 1 cup of fresh methi leaves and sauté well for 1 minute.
5. Add chopped beerakaya and mix well. Add 1 teaspoon salt and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add 1/2 cup milk and cook for 2 minutes. Add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
Watch the Video for Procedure: