Beetroot Coconut Fry
Beetroot Coconut recipe is a quick and easy stir-fry of beets and shredded coconut, that's seasoned with mild Indian spices. Serve with Steamed Rice, Sambar, or Rasam.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 20 Min Total Time: 30 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1 Cup
Calories: 81. Carbs: 4g. Fat: 7g. Protein: 1g
3 Tablespoons Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera Seeds
2 Teaspoons Urad Dal
5 Dry Red Chiles
1/2 Kg Chopped Beetroot
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
Salt as per taste
1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
1. Heat 3 Tablespoons oil and add 1/2 teaspoon jeera, 2 teaspoons urad dal, and 5 dry red chilies.
2. Add 1/2 kg chopped beetroots, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, salt as per taste and mix well.
3. Add curry leaves and close the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Open the lid and stir fry the beetroot for 10 minutes.
5. Add 1 teaspoon red chili powder and mix well.
6. Add 3-4 tablespoons grated coconut and mix well.
7. Sauté for 5 minutes and add coriander leaves.
8. Mix well and turn off the stove. Serve with roti.
Watch the Video for Procedure: