Chicken Curry with Beetroot
Flavorful and colorful Beetroot Chicken curry tastes delicious and will be a perfect treat for chicken lovers.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 25 Min Total Time: 30 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1 Cup
Calories: 250 Carbs: 3g. Fat: 16g. Protein: 15g
1 Medium Size Beetroot
1/2 Teaspoon Shah Jeera
Few Cinnamon Sticks
1/2 Cup Chopped Onions
4 Chopped Green Chilies
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
250 Grams Chicken
2 Teaspoons Red Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
Chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Peel 1 medium-sized beetroot and cut into pieces. Keep it aside
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and add 1/2 teaspoon shah jeera, few cinnamon sticks, 1/2 cup chopped onions, 4 chopped green chilies. Sauté until onions are golden brown.
3. Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste and mix well.
4. Add 250 grams of chicken and mix well. Add 2 teaspoons red chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt and mix well. Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add 1 cup of water and cook for 5 minutes. Add beetroot and mix well.
6. Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes. Mix and cook until the chicken is well done.
7. Add 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
8. Turn off the stove and serve hot with naan or roti.
Watch the Video for Procedure: