Chicken Kofta Curry
Updated: 3 days ago
Chicken Kofta curry is prepared with minced meat or kheema that is blended with Indian spices and made into small lemon sized balls which are cooked in a paste of poppy seeds and dried coconut.
Cuisine: Indian. Course: Main Serves: 6
Prep Time: 15 Min Cook Time: 25 Min Total Time: 40 min.
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 100g
Calories: 117 Carbs: 7g. Fat: 2g. Protein: 18g
500 Grams Chicken Keema
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
3 Teaspoons Roasted Chana Dal
2 Teaspoons Coconut Powder
1 Teaspoon Poppy Seeds
2 Teaspoon Sesame Seeds
1 Teaspoon Chironji
1. Dry roast 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, 2 teaspoons coconut.
2. Take all dry roasted ingredients in a grinder and add 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 3 tablespoons roasted chana dal, 1 teaspoon chironji and make a fine powder.
3. Take the powder Into a bowl, add ginger-garlic paste, and 1/2 cup water and make a paste.
4. Mix half of the paste to the chicken keema.
5. In a pan, add oil (don't turn on the stove)
6. Apply some oil to the hands and make balls & put them in the pan.
7. Turn ON the stove and close the lid, cook for 3 minutes, turn them slowly.
8. Close the lid and cook for another 2 minutes.
9. Add 1 cup water to rest of the ground paste and make it a liquid consistency
11. Add the liquid to the balls & mix well. Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes,
12. Cook until the gravy is thick & add one tablespoon lemon juice, mix it well and turn off the stove.
Watch the Video for Procedure: