Chicken Pulao Recipe
Chicken pulao recipe – One-pot flavored chicken pilaf cooked with mild Indian spices. Pulao is a delicious dish made of basmati rice and chicken. It is mildly spiced and not heavy like the chicken biryani.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 40 Min Total Time: 45 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 178g
Calories: 326. Carbs: 45g. Fat: 4g. Protein: 26g
3 Tablespoons Oil/Ghee
2 Teaspoons Shah Jeera
2 Bay Leaves
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Sliced Onion
Few Curry Leaves
1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
500 Grams Chicken
1 Cup Pudina
1 cup Coconut Milk
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
2 Teaspoons Coriander Powder
1 Teaspoon Garam Masala
2 Teaspoons Salt
1 Tablespoon Sour Cream
5 cups Basmati Rice
1 Chopped Capsicum
1. Heat 3 tablespoons oil/ghee in a pot and add 2 teaspoons shah Jeera, 2 bay leaves, 1 cinnamon stick, 2 javitri.
2. Add 1 sliced onion and fry until onions are brown. Add 1 tomato and sauté until tomatoes are soft.
3. Once the tomatoes are soft, add few curry leaves, 1 teaspoon ginger garlic, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, and mix well.
4. Add 500 grams of chicken and sauté until chicken is slightly brown.
5. Add 1 cup pudina, 1 cup coconut milk, and mix well. Cook for a minute.
6. Add 2 tablespoons chili powder, 2 teaspoons coriander powder, 1 teaspoon garam masala, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 tablespoon sour cream and mix well. Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
7. Once the chicken is half cooked, add 5 cups basmati rice and 1 chopped capsicum. Cook for a minute.
8. Add 6 cups of water and cook until rice is well done.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Watch the Video for Procedure: