Chikkudukaya Potato Curry | Broad Beans Curry
A simple, everyday stir fry recipe that incorporates seasons' best chikkudukaya and potato. One of my favorite ways to cook beans with fresh methi leaves and mildly spiced. Makes for a decent side with Rotis or rice and sambar/rasam.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 15 Min Total Time: 20 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 102g
Calories: 96 Carbs: 8g. Fat: 3g. Protein: 6g
1 Kg Chukkudukaya
1 Cup Chopped Onions
3 Green Chiles
1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 Cup Fresh Methi Leaves
2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
Chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Peel the chikkudukaya and take out all the seeds. Cut the chukkudukaya and Keep it aside.
2. Peel the potato skin and cut it into pieces. Keep it aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and add 1 cup chopped onion, 3 green chilies. Sauté onions until light golden brown.
4. Add 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, and mix well.
5. Add 1 cup fresh methi leaves and mix well. Now add potatoes and mix well. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add chukkudukaya seeds and chopped chukkudukaya. Mix well and add 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt. Mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Mix and cook until potatoes are well done.
8. Add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
9. Serve hot with roti or as a side dish with sambar or rasam.
Watch the Video for Procedure: