Creamy Delicious Matar Paneer within 15 minutes with minimal Ingredients
Matar Paneer is one of the most popular paneer recipes where paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and matar (green peas) are simmered together in a gravy made with tomatoes, onions, and spices.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 25 Min Total Time: 30 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1 Cup
Calories: 257 Carbs: 17g. Fat: 15g. Protein: 14g
3 Tablespoons Oil
1 Large Chopped Onion
1 Large Tomato
3 Garlic Cloves
3 Ginger Pieces
Handful of Cashews
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Leaves
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera Powder
1 Teaspoon Shah Jeera
1 Cup Peas
1 Teaspoon Kasuri Methi
250 Grams Paneer
Chopped coriander leaves
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add 1 large chopped onion. Sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add 1 large tomato, 3 garlic pieces, 3 ginger pieces, a handful of cashew, and cook until tomatoes are soft. Turn off the stove and let it cool.
3. Add the mixture to the grinder and add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon coriander leaves, 1/2 teaspoon jeera powder. Close the lid and make a smooth paste.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and add 1 teaspoon shah jeera. Now add tomato-onion paste. Mix well.
5. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes. Mix well and add 1/2 cup water.
6. Add 1 cup of peas, close the lid, and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add 1 teaspoon Kasuri methi and mix well.
8. Add 250 grams of paneer, 1/2 cup heavy cream, and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
9. Add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
Watch the Video for Procedure: