Dal Tadka | Dal Fry (No Onion No Garlic) in 10 minutes
Dal Fry is a popular Indian lentil recipe. This recipe uses Toor dal. The dal is seasoned with a variety of spices and it tastes delicious. This is something you often find served at Indian restaurants.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 15 Min Total Time: 20 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 100g
Calories: 131 Carbs: 23g. Fat: 3g. Protein: 4g
1 Cup Toor Dal
2 Teaspoons Ghee
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera
1/2 Teaspoons finely Chopped Ginger
Few Dry Red Chilies
Few Curry Leaves
1 Chopped Tomato
1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Kasuri Methi
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Ghee
1/4 Teaspoon Jeera
2 Dry Red Chilies
A pinch of Red Chili Powder
1. Add 1 cup toor dal in a pressure cooker. Wash and close the lid.
2. Cook up to 3 whistles. Once the pressure release takes the lid out and mashes the dal. Keep it aside.
3. Add 2 teaspoons ghee and add 1/2 teaspoon jeera, 2 green chilies, 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger, few dry red chilies, few curry leaves. Stir fry well.
4. Add 1 chopped tomato and mix well. Cook until tomatoes are soft.
5. Add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon jeera powder and mix well.
6. Add 1/4 teaspoon Kasuri methi and mix well.
7. Now add mashed toor dal, 1/2 cup water, and mix well.
8. Boil the dal for 2 minutes and add chopped coriander leaves. Turn off the stove.
9. Heat 1 teaspoon ghee and add 1/4 teaspoon jeera, 2 dry red chilies, a pinch of red chili powder. Mix well and add the seasoning to the dal.
Watch the Video for Procedure: