Delicious Crispy Jalebi
Jalebi is one of the most popular desserts from the Indian subcontinent. They are much popular as street food and is also sold in sweet shops. This dessert can be served warm or cold and goes well with rabadi.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Dessert Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 45 Min Total Time: 50 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1
Calories: 108 Carbs: 23g. Fat: 2g. Protein: 1g
1 Cups Maida
4 Tablespoons Corn Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Yellow Red Food Color
4 Tablespoons Curd
2 Cups Sugar
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1/2 Teaspoons Cardamom Powder
2 Teaspoons Rose Water
1. In a bowl add 1 cup maida, 4 tablespoon cornflour, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon yellow red food color, and 4 tablespoon curd.
2. Add a little amount of water at a time and mix until it's thick flowy consistency. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
3. Now add 2 cups of sugar and add 1 1/2 cups of water. Mix well and add 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoons cardamom powder, 2 teaspoons rose water.
4. On medium heat mix until sugar melts. Bring it to a boil and it should be stringy consistency.
5. Now add the batter to the piping cone.
6. Heat oil in a pan and fry the jalebi on medium heat. Fry them until crispy and take them out of oil.
7. Put them in a warm to hot sugar syrup for 30 seconds and remove it.
8. Press them gently and now take them to a serving plate.
Watch the Video for Procedure: