Dondakaya Vepudu | Tindora Fry | Ivy Gourd Stir Fry
Dondakaya Fry is a simple everyday sabzi where Dondakaya or Tindora is cooked along with onions and spices. Dondakaya Fry is a healthy option to make as a side for an Indian style meal. Pair it with Dal Rice or Chapati for a healthy meal.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 15 Min Total Time: 20 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1 Cup
Calories: 100 Carbs: 10g. Fat: 4g. Protein: 1g
1/2 Kg Dondakaya (Tindora)
1/4 Cup Fresh Coconut
2 Tablespoons Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera
1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
1 Tablespoon Urad Dal
1/2 Cup Onions
Few Curry Leaves
3 Green Chilies
1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
Chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Add 1/4 cup fresh coconut in the grinder and make a fine powder. Keep it aside
2. Cut the dondakaya into circles and keep them aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil and add 1/2 teaspoon jeera, 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1 tablespoon urad dal.
4. Now add 1 cup chopped onions, few curry leaves, 3 green chilies, and sauté until onions are light golden brown.
5. Add 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, and mix well.
6. Now add dondakaya pieces and stir fry well. Close the lid and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Add 1 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and mix well. Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Add 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder, and mix well. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Now add 5 teaspoons of fresh coconut powder, and mix well. Cook for 1 minute.
10. Add 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, chopped coriander leaves, and mix well.
11. Turn off the stove and serve hot with roti or serve as a side dish.
Watch the Video for Procedure: