Egg Methi Bhurji
A specialty scrambled egg preparation from North India with fresh fenugreek leaves (methi). This egg bhurji can be served for breakfast with bread or can be made as a side dish for Rotis or rice.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 20 Min Total Time: 25 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 252
Calories: 305 Carbs: 6g. Fat: 26g. Protein: 13g
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 Teaspoon Shah Jeera
3 Thinly Sliced Onions
1 Cup Chopped Methi Leaves
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
4-5 Green Chilies
2 Teaspoons Red Chili Powder
2 Teaspoons Coriander Powder
1 Teaspoon Jeera Powder
1 Teaspoon Biryani Powder
2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoons Garam Masala
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add 1 teaspoon shah jeera, 3 thinly sliced onions. Sauté well.
2. Once the onions are translucent add 1 cup chopped methi leaves. Mix well.
3. Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 4-5 green chilies, and sauté well.
4. Add 2 teaspoons red chili powder, 2 teaspoons coriander powder, 1 teaspoon jeera powder, 1 teaspoon biryani powder, and mix all the masala well.
5. Add 1 sliced tomato, add 2 teaspoons salt and let it cook until the tomato gets soft.
6. Now add eggs and gently lift the eggs and mix it. cook for 5 minutes.
7. Once the egg is cooked sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon garam masala. Garnish with coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
Watch the Video for Procedure: