Eggplant (Vankaya) Chutney
Eggplant chutney is an instant chutney that is quite easy and can be made very quickly with few ingredients at home and it tastes amazing with dosa and rice.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 20 Min Total Time: 25 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 100g
Calories: 95 Carbs: 20g. Fat: 1g. Protein: 1g
1 Tablespoon Oil
15-20 Green Chilies
200 Grams Eggplant
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
A handful of Mint Leaves
2 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera-Methi Powder
1 Teaspoon Jaggery
Salt as per taste
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera
1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
Few Red Chilies
Few Curry Leaves
1. Soak tamarind for 20 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and add 15-20 green chilies. Cover the lid and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Add 200 grams of eggplant. Mix well and add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add a handful of mint leaves and mix well.
5. Add a little salt, close the lid, and cook until eggplants are soft.
6. Mix well and turn off the stove.
7. Dry roast 2 tablespoon sesame seeds and roast them for 2 minutes.
8. Add roasted sesame seeds in the grinder and make a fine powder.
9. Now add cooked eggplant mixture and add soaked tamarind, 1 teaspoon Coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon jeera-methi powder, salt as per taste, 1 teaspoon jaggery powder, Coriander leaves. Make a smooth paste.
10. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and add 1/2 teaspoon jeera, 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, few red chilies, few curry leaves. Add this seasoning to the eggplant chutney.
11. Serve the chutney with Idli, dosa, or plain white rice.
Watch the Video for Procedure: