Hyderabadi Egg Salan | Ande Ka Salan
Egg Salan is a lip-smacking gravy made with coconut, sesame seed base along with tangy tamarind. It is a popular recipe from Hyderabad and makes a great accompaniment with biryani, pulao, or any Indian bread.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 6
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 25 Min Total Time: 30 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 200g
Calories: 260 Carbs: 4g. Fat: 200g. Protein: 9g
6 Boiled Eggs
1 Cup Onions
1 Tablespoon Coconut Powder
1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds Powder
2 Teaspoons Red Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Kabab Masala
1 Teaspoon Jeera Methi Powder
Small Piece Jaggery
1. Boil 6 eggs and keep them aside.
2. Soak tamarind for 15 minutes. Squeeze the tamarind and take out the water. Keep it aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and add 1 cup chopped onions. Sauté until the onions are golden brown.
4. In a grinder add fried onions, 1 tablespoon coconut powder, 1 tablespoon sesame powder, 2 teaspoons red chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon kabab masala, 1 teaspoon jeera methi powder, small piece jaggery, coriander leaves, little water and make a smooth paste.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon oil. Slit the eggs and put them in oil. Sauté the eggs for 1 minute and keep them aside.
6. In the same oil add the masala paste and fry the masala for 1 minute. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add the tamarind water and cook for 3 minutes.
8. Add boiled eggs, mix well, and cook for 2 more minutes.
9. Add coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
10. Serve hot with biryani, pulao, or Indian bread.
Watch the Video for Procedure: