Hyderabadi Spicy Mutton Curry
Hyderabadi Spicy Mutton Curry Recipe is a generous amount of coconut & poppy seeds used in it. It just makes the dish totally different and exotic. Serve with veg pulao or roti.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 25 Min Total Time: 30 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1 Cup
Calories: 271 Carbs: 20g. Fat: 17g. Protein: 13g
500 Grams Mutton
1/2 Dry Coconut
1 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds
1 Teaspoon Shah Jeera
2 Sticks Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Poppy Seeds
2 Tablespoons oil
1 Large Chopped Onion
1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 Chopped Tomato
2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt Coriander Leaves
1. Dry roast 1/2 dry coconut, 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, 1 teaspoon shah jeera, 2 sticks cinnamon, 2 elachi, 3 cloves, and 1 teaspoon poppy seeds.
2. Stir fry till it turns slightly brown. Turn off the stove and make a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pressure cooker and add 1 large chopped onion. Sauté until onions are golden brown.
4. Add 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, and mix well.
5. Add 1 chopped tomato. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add 500 grams of mutton and mix well. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt and mix well.
8. Close the pressure cooker and cook up to 4 whistles.
9. Once the pressure release takes out the lid. Mix well.
10. Add the masala paste and add 1 cup water. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
11. Add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
Watch the Video for Procedure: