Murukku | Chakli
Muruku is a crunchy Indian snack recipe prepared with gram flour, rice flour, and sesame seeds which originated in South India.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Snack Serves: 8
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 30 Min Total Time: 40 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 50g
Calories: 242 Carbs: 34g. Fat: 10g. Protein: 4g
4 Cups Rice Flour
1 Cup Roasted Chana Dal (Dalia)
1 1/2 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
1 Teaspoon Jeera Seeds
1 Teaspoon Ajwain
1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons Hot Melted Butter
Oil for Deep Fry
1. Add 4 cups rice flour, 1 cup roasted chana dal and mix well.
2. Add 1 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon jeera, 1 teaspoon ajwain, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon red chili powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, and mix well.
3. Add 3 tablespoons of hot melted butter and mix all the butter well in the flour.
4. Now take a Muruku maker and place a lump of dough in Muruku Maker. Grease a plate and then pipe out the patterns, forming circles, on it.
5. Now, put a pan and pour oil in it and heat it over medium flame. Put the murukus slowly and carefully in the pan and let them fry in the oil, without touching each other. Fry till they turn light golden brown in color.
6. Once the murukus are fried, take them out of the pan and place them on a kitchen paper towel, to drain the extra oil. Allow them to cool. Serve it with tea. You can store the Muruku in a dry container or a jar.
Watch the Video for Procedure: