Vegetable Pakoda is a popular snack across the Indian subcontinent, where it is served in restaurants and sold by street vendors. Crispy vegetables cooked with a selection of spices in a gram flour batter which is deep-fried. Serve with green chutney.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Snack Serves: 4
Prep Time: 15 Min Cook Time: 10 Min Total Time: 25 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 40g
Calories: 217. Carbs: 17g. Fat: 14g. Protein: 7g
100 Grams Cauliflower
100 Grams of Beans (1" Slices)
1 Carrot (1" Slices)
2 Potatoes (1" slices)
2 Tablespoons Cornflour
1 Cup besan Salt as per taste
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
4 Cloves roughly crushed
7-8 Crushed Garlic
4 Chopped Green Chilies
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 Sliced Capsicum
1 Sliced Onion
100 Grams Shredded Cabbage
Chopped Coriander Leaves
1. In hot water add 100 grams cauliflower, 100 grams beans, 1 carrot, 2 potatoes, and leave it aside for 5 minutes.
2. Drain the water out and take it to the bowl.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of cornflour and coast the cornflour well to all veggies.
4. In a bowl add 1 cup besan, salt as per taste, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 4 cloves roughly crushed, 7 -8 crushed garlic, 4 chopped green chilies, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, and mix well.
5. Add the besan mixture to the veggies and add 1 sliced capsicum, 1 sliced onion, 100 grams shredded cabbage, a handful of cashew nuts, chopped coriander leaves. Mix well
6. Heat oil in a Kadai and deep fry the veggies like pakoda until golden brown and crispy.
7. Take it out and serve hot.
Watch the Video for Procedure: