Palak (Spinach) Chicken
Chicken Saag Recipe or Palak Chicken is a classic Indian curry of chicken cooked together with fresh spinach. The tender, juicy chicken pieces soaking up all the flavors from spinach and spices. Serve with Roti or Naan.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 25 Min Total Time: 35 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 180
Calories: 207 Carbs: 13g. Fat: 11g. Protein: 14g
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 Teaspoon Shah Jeera
1 Cup Chopped Onions
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
2 Cups Spinach
500 Grams Chicken
2 Teaspoons Red Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Curd
1. Heat 2 tablespoon oil and add 1 teaspoon shah jeera, 1 cup chopped onions. Sauté until onions are golden brown.
2. Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste and mix well.
3. Add 2 cups of spinach and sauté well until spinach releases water.
4. Once the water evaporates, add 500 grams of chicken. Sauté well.
5. Now add 2 teaspoons red chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and sauté well. Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Once the chicken is half cooked, add 2 tablespoons of curd. Mix well and cook for 5 more minutes.
7. Once the chicken is cooked and garnish with coriander leaves. Turn off the stove.
Watch the Video for Procedure: