Phodnichi Poli Maharashtrian Breakfast
Phodnichi Poli is an easy to put together Maharashtrian Breakfast Recipe that uses leftover Whole Wheat Rotis to make a wholesome breakfast bowl. It also makes a great lunch or evening snack option.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Snack Serves: 4
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 15 Min Total Time: 25 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1 Bowl
Calories: 188. Carbs: 34g. Fat: 12g. Protein: 4g
5 Leftover Roti's
4 Tablespoons Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera Seeds
1 Teaspoon Urad Dal
Handful of Peanuts
2 Big Chopped Onions
Few Curry Leaves
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
Salt as per taste
2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
1.Take 5 leftover roti's and tear them into small pieces. Keep them aside.
2. Heat 4 tablespoons oil and add 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1/2 teaspoon Jeera seeds, 1 teaspoon urad dal, a handful of peanuts, 10 green chilies. Stir fry for 1 minute.
3. Add chopped onions, few curry leaves, and fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add 1/2 turmeric powder, salt as per taste and mix well.
5. Add roti pieces and mix well.
6. Add 2 teaspoons lemon juice and mix well.
7. Add coriander leaves and turn off the stove. Serve hot.
Watch the Video for Procedure: