Quick & Easy Kaju Katli
Kaju Katli is one of the popular Indian dessert recipes. Kaju burfi is made up of cashew nuts and sugar syrup which is then topped with cardamom powder and ghee. It's one of the most popular Indian sweets and probably the most gifted one during Diwali!
Cuisine: Indian Course: Dessert Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 15 Min Total Time: 20 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 10g
Calories: 45g Carbs: 6g. Fat: 2g. Protein: 1g
2 Cups Cashews
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Water
2 Tablespoons Rose Water
2 Tablespoons Ghee
1 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
1. Add 2 cups of cashews in a grinder and make a fine powder.
2. To a pan add 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, and 2 tablespoons rose water. Keep stirring until sugar melts.
3. Sugar should in stringy consistency and add the grounded cashew powder.
4. Keep stirring it until forms a soft dough and add 2 tablespoons ghee, 1 teaspoon cardamom powder.
5. Mix well until it doesn't stick to the pan. Turn off the stove.
6. Now spread ghee to the parchment paper and take the cashew dough on the paper.
7. Knead the cashew dough for 5 minutes as shown in the video.
8. Put a parchment paper on top of it and roll it in a round shape. Gently roll it thin as shown in the video.
9. Apply the edible silver foil and cut it in a diamond shape and enjoy.
Watch the Video for Procedure: