Raw Banana Fry | Aratikaya Vepudu
Raw banana fry recipe | Aratikaya vepudu is a perfect and spicy side dish for rice, made with raw plantains and other spices. It is a popular south Indian stir-fry recipe. This recipe is easy and simple to prepare with less than 15 minutes and it is a good source of protein and vitamins.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 20 Min Total Time: 25 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 100g
Calories: 89 Carbs: 23g. Fat: 0g. Protein: 1g
3 Raw Bananas
1 Teaspoon Coriander Seeds
1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
1/2 Teaspoon Peppercorns
Few Garlic Cloves
1 Tablespoon Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera
1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
1 Teaspoon Urad Dal
2 Green Chilies
Few Curry Leaves
3/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
1. peel the skin from the banana and cut them into slices. Add 1 teaspoon salt to the water and add the sliced bananas in the water. Wash them nicely in saltwater and keep it aside.
2. Dry roast 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns.
3. Add dry roasted spices to the mortar and add few garlic cloves. Crush them coarsely.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon jeera, 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1 teaspoon urad dal, 2 green chilies, few curry leaves.
5. Now add sliced raw banana, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and mix well. Close the lid and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add 1 teaspoon red chili powder and mix well. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add 3 teaspoons of coarsely ground spice powder. Mix well and sauté for 1 minute.
8. Add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
Watch the Video for Procedure: