Sarva Pindi - Spicy Rice Flour Pancake
Sarva Pindi is a snack from Telangana. It is a crisp roti made with rice flour, peanuts, til, and chana dal that can be stored for a few days.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Snack Serves: 4
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 20 Min Total Time: 30 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1
Calories: 189. Carbs: 31g. Fat: 5g. Protein: 6g
1 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds
1 Tablespoon Jeera Seeds
15 Garlic Cloves
1 Cup Rice Flour
Chopped Green Chilies
1 Medium Chopped Onion
Chopped Coriander Leaves
1 1/2 Soaked Chana Dal
2 Tablespoons Roasted Peanuts
2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
Chopped Curry Leaves
Salt as per taste
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1. Take 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, 1 tablespoon jeera seeds, 15 garlic cloves, and grind them coarsely.
2. Add 1 cup rice flour in a bowl and add chopped green chilies, 1 medium chopped onion, chopped coriander, 1 1/2 soaked chana dal, 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, 2 tablespoon sesame seeds, chopped curry leaves, add the coarsely ground mixture, salt as per taste, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder. Add a little water and make a dough. 3. Take a pan and add 2 teaspoons of oil. Spread the oil all over the pan.
4. Now take an orange-sized portion of dough and pat it to the pan as shown in the video. 5. Make a-holes and add oil in those holes.
6. Now cover the dish with a lid and cook for around 10 minutes till it is a golden brown color.
7. Flip the Sarva Pindi and cook for 5 more minutes. Oil should be little more for the Sarva Pindi to be crunchy on the outside and soft inside.
8. Serve Sarva Pindi hot or cold.
Watch the Video for Procedure: