Simple & Spicy Tomato Rice Pulao in One-Pot
Tomato Pulao is very easy to make Pulao with just tomatoes, onions, and mild spices. This is a one-pot method of making Tomato Pulao. Tomato pulao to be so quick and hassle-free to make. We can serve with any raita of your choice.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 35 Min Total Time: 40 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 100g
Calories: 150 Carbs: 18g. Fat: 7g. Protein: 2g
6 Cups Basmati Rice
12 Cups of Water
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Oil
1 Teaspoon Shah Jeera
4 Cinnamon Sticks
3 Bay Leaves
1 Cup Sliced Onions
5 Green Chilies
1/2 Cup Cashews
3 Large Chopped Tomatoes
Chopped Mint Leaves
Chopped Coriander Leaves
1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Teaspoon Pulao Masala
1. Soak 6 cups basmati rice for 15 minutes and keep it aside.
2. Add 2 tablespoon butter and add 1 teaspoon shah jeera, 4 cinnamon sticks, 6-7 elachi, 6-7 cloves, 3 bay leaves.
3. Add 1 cup sliced onions, 5 green chilies, and sauté well. Close the lid and cook until onions are soft.
4. Add 1/2 cup cashews and mix well. Add 3 large chopped tomatoes and mix well. Close the lid and cook until tomatoes are soft.
5. Add chopped mint leaves, chopped coriander leaves, and mix well.
6. Add 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 1 teaspoon pulao masala, and mix well.
7. Now add soaked basmati rice and mix well. Add 12 cups of water, 2 1/2 teaspoon salt, and mix well.
8. Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes. Mix and cook for 5 more minutes.
9. Turn the stove to low flame and cook for 5 minutes.
10. Turn off the stove and serve hot with raita.
Watch the Video for Procedure: