Soft & Tasty Bobattu | Puran Poli
Bobbatlu is a popular Indian sweet prepared with Maida (all-purpose flour) stuffed with smashed chana dal mixed with jaggery. Bobbatlu as it is known in Telugu speaking states has different names in different regions of India. It is popularly known as Puran Poli in Maharastra, Holige in Karnataka, and Obattu in Tamil Nadu.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Dessert Serves: 4
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 30 Min Total Time: 40 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1
Calories: 91 Carbs: 18g. Fat: 1g. Protein: 3g
1/2 Cup Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup Maida
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Oil
For Sweet Filling:
1 cup Chana Dal
1 cup Jaggery
1/2 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
1 Teaspoon Chironji
1 Tablespoon Coconut Powder
2 Teaspoon Ghee
1. In a bowl add 1/2 cup wheat flour, 1/2 cup maida, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon oil and mix well.
2. Add water and make a soft dough, leave it aside for 30 minutes.
3. In a pressure cooker add 1 cup chana dal. Wash the dal and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
4. Once the pressure releases, take out any excess water.
5. Add 1 cup jaggery and mix well.
6. Mash with a masher and make a smooth paste.
7. Add 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder, 1 teaspoon choronji, 1 tablespoon coconut powder and mix well.
8. Add 2 teaspoons ghee, mix well and turn off the stove. Let it cool.
9. Once the mixture is cool make small balls and keep them aside.
10. Take the dough and add little oil. Knead well.
11. Take a small amount of dough makes a patti with dough. Stuff the sweet ball inside the dough and close it nicely.
12. Take a zip lock bag and add little oil. Put the dough and add little oil on top. Cove it with a ziplock.
13. Spread the dough with your hand, make it thin and round.
14. Add ghee to the pan add the poli to the pan. Add little ghee and fry on both sides.
15. Take it to the plate and serve it hot.
Watch the Video for Procedure: