Soya Chunks Gongura (Sorrel Leaves) Curry
Soya chunks sorrel leaves curry almost tastes like Gongura mutton curry. It goes very well with both rotis and plain rice.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 25 Min Total Time: 35 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1 Cup
Calories: 235. Carbs: 38g. Fat: 5g. Protein: 41g
1/2 Cup Soya Chunks
1 Bunch Gongura (Sorrel Leaves)
4-5 Green Chilies
2 Small Tomatoes
3 Tablespoon Oil
1 Chopped Onion
1/2 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
2 Teaspoons Red Chili Powder
Salt as per taste
1. Add 1/2 cup soya chunks in boiling water and keep it for 5 minutes. Remove the chunks from hot water and squeeze out excess water.
2. In a pot add 1 bunch gongura, 4-5 green chilies, 2 small chopped tomatoes, and little water. Boil until tomatoes and gongura are soft. Turn off the stove.
3. Mash the gongura and keep it aside.
4. Heat 3 tablespoons oil and add 1 chopped onion. Sauté until onions are golden brown.
5. Add 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, and mix well.
6. Add soya chunks and stir fry for 2 minutes.
7. Add 2 teaspoons red chili powder, salt as per taste and mix well. Close the lid and cook for 3 minutes.
8. Add gongura mixture and mix well. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Mix well and turn off the stove. Serve with roti or steamed rice.
Watch the Video for Procedure: