Spicy Methi Mutton
Methi Mutton is a very tasty and easy recipe in which tender goat meat is cooked with fresh fenugreek/methi leaves. Serve with steamed rice or roti.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 25 Min Total Time: 30 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1 Cup
Calories: 271 Carbs: 20g. Fat: 17g. Protein: 13g
300 Grams of Mutton
2 Tablespoons oil
1 Teaspoon Shah Jeera
1 Cup Sliced Onions
1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 Chopped Tomato
3 Teaspoons Red Chili Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Bowl of Fresh Methi
Chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pressure cooker and add 1 teaspoon shah jeera.
2. Add 1 cup sliced onions and sauté until onions are light golden brown.
3. Add 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, and mix well.
4. Add 1 chopped tomato and stir fry until tomatoes are soft.
5. Add 300 grams of mutton and stir fry the mutton for 2 minutes.
6. Add 3 teaspoons red chili powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and mix well.
7. Add 1/2 cup water and mix well. Close the lid and cook up to 3 whistles.
8. Once the pressure releases take out the lid and mix well.
9. Add 1 bowl of fresh methi and mix well. Cook for 3 minutes.
10. Add chopped coriander leaves, mix well and turn off the stove.
Watch the Video for Procedure: