Traditional Vankaya (Eggplant) Fry with Kobbari Karam
Vankaya Fry/ Eggplant Dry Curry is an authentic recipe of Andhra Cuisine. Any variety of curry with Brinjal / Vankaya is very predominantly seen in any Andhra thali/platter in a restaurant, traditional function at home, party, gathering, or any orthodox Indian festivals.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 25 Min Total Time: 30 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 200g
Calories: 186 Carbs: 25g. Fat: 9g. Protein: 4g
12 Dry Red Chilies
1 Teaspoon Jeera
1 Cup Dry Coconut
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon Salt
200 Grams Eggplant
2 Tablespoon Oil
1 Cup Sliced Onions
5 Chopped Green Chilies
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
Chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Dry roast 12 dry red chilies, 1 teaspoon Jeera, 1 cup dry coconut. Add dry roasted chilies and jeera in the grinder and add dry coconut, 2 garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon salt. Grind it into powder and keep it aside.
2. Cut eggplant into pieces and add them into saltwater so that eggplant won't become black.
3. Heat 2 tablespoon oil and add 1 cup sliced onions, 5 chopped green chilies. Sauté onions until golden brown.
4. Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and mix well.
5, Add eggplants, 1 teaspoon salt, and mix well. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Mix and cook until eggplants are well done.
7. Add 3 teaspoons chili coconut powder, chopped coriander leaves, and mix well.
8. Turn off the stove and serve hot with roti or white rice.
Watch the Video for Procedure: