Vankaya Mutton | Eggplant Mutton | Brinjal Mutton
Vankaya Mutton Curry will become your go-to recipe every time you want to cook with mutton. Tender, succulent pieces of meat are cooked with eggplant in a spicy gravy that makes it the perfect bowl of comfort food with plain rice.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 25 Min Total Time: 30 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1 Cup
Calories: 271 Carbs: 20g. Fat: 17g. Protein: 13g
1 Small Tomato
1 Cup Chopped Onion
1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
250 Grams Mutton
3 Teaspoons Red Chili Powder 1
100 grams Eggplants
1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Garam Masala
Chopped Coriander Leaves
1. Soak tamarind and tomato for 15 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pressure cooker and add 1 cup chopped onion. Sauté onion until golden brown and add 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder. Mix well.
3. Add 250 grams of mutton and mix well. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add 3 teaspoons red chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and mix well.
5. Close the pressure cooker lid and cook up to 4 whistles. Once the pressure release takes out the lid and mix well.
6. Wash and cut the eggplants. Add the eggplants to the mutton and mix well.
7. Add 1/2 cup water and cook for 3 minutes.
8. Squeeze the soaked tamarind-tomato and take out the water. Keep it aside.
9. Add 1/2 cup tamarind-tomato water to the mutton and mix well. Cook for 1 minute.
10. Add 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/4 teaspoon garam masala and mix well.
11. Add chopped coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
Watch the Video for Procedure: