2 Healthy Breakfast – Spicy Chickpeas Pancake (Besan Chilla) & Moong Dal Dosa (Pesarattu)2021-02-22
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 15m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Besan Chilla, a protein-rich nutritious pancake made from gram flour (besan), is a popular snack from North Indian cuisine. It is a trendy and traditional Indian breakfast and evening snack that is easy to prepare.
Pesarattu is a protein-rich healthy breakfast made using whole green gram. This dosa does not need fermentation like the traditional dosa. Pesarattu is eaten as breakfast and as a snack in Andhra Pradesh.
Ingredients (For Besan Chilla)
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Onions
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Capsicum
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Carrot
- 1/2 Tablespoon Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Besan (Chickpeas Flour)
Method (For Besan Chilla)
- In a bowl add 1 tablespoon chopped onions, 1 tablespoon chopped capsicum, 1 tablespoon chopped carrot, 1/2 tablespoon chopped green chilies, 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoon besan.
- Mix all together. Add water and make a batter.
- Heat the pan and add 2 scoops of chickpeas batter and spread it slightly. Add little oil.
- Close the lid and cook for 1 minute. Turn the pancake and cook on another side.
- Take it out and serve hot with chutney.
Ingredients (For Moong Dal Dosa)
- 1 Cup Moong Dal
- 5 Green Chilies
- 3 Small Ginger Pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
Method (For Moong Dal Dosa)
- Soak 1 cup moong dal overnight.
- Add the soaked moong dal to the grinder and add 5 green chilies, 3 ginger pieces, 1 tablespoon rice flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt. Make a smooth batter.
- Heat the pan and add 2 scoops of batter and immediately begin to spread in a circular motion.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon Jeera, chopped onions, chopped green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, and add little oil. cook for 1 minute
- Slowly fold the dosa. Take out the dosa and serve hot with chutney.