Crispy Punjabi Samosa2021-02-22
- Servings: 3
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Ready In: 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
The most favorite snack across the country, Samosas are Indian snacks with delicious pockets of dough stuffed with potatoes and peas mixture, deep-fried.
Ingredients (For Dough)
- 2 Cups Maida (All Purpose Flour)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ajwain Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
Ingredients (For Potato Mixture)
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Jeera
- 3 Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 Cup Peas
- 3 Boiled Potatoes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Jeera Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/4 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
Method (For Dough)
- Take 2 cups of maida and add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ajwain seeds, 1 tablespoon oil. Make a smooth dough.
- Cover it with a wet paper towel and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
Method (For Potato Mixture)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and add 1/2 teaspoon Jeera, 3 chopped green chilies, 1 cup peas. Satué for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 boiled potatoes and mix well.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon jeera powder, 1/4 teaspoon garam masala, 1/4 teaspoon chaat masala and mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, 1/2 lemon juice, and mix well. Turn off the stove.
Method (For Making Samosa)
- After 30 mins knead the dough lightly again. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces.
- Take each piece and roll it in your palms first. Then roll it with a rolling pin and make the oval shape.
- Cut with a knife through the center of the samosa pastry.
- Fold the dough into a triangle shape as shown in the video.
- Press the edges well, so that they get sealed. It will look like a cone. The samosa cone is ready to be stuffed with the potato-peas stuffing.
- Stuff the prepared samosa cone with the prepared potato-peas stuffing.
- Apply some water on the top cone edge. Pinch a part in the edge as shown in the video. 8. Press both the edges. Be sure there are no cracks. The edges should be joined very well so that the stuffing does not come out while frying.
- Now heat oil for deep frying in a Kadai or pan. Once the oil becomes hot gently slide 3-4 of the prepared stuffed samosa & then reduce the flame to low.
- Turn over in between and fry till golden on a low flame.
- Drain the fried samosa on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot.