Delicious Mysore Masala Dosa2021-02-20
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 35m
- Ready In: 40m
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
This Mysore dosa is crisp and soft dosa spiced with red chutney and served with a potato dish, along with coconut chutney.
Ingredients (For Dosa Batter)
- 3 Cups Rice
- 1 Cup Urad Dal
- 2 Tablespoons Chana Dal
- 2 Tablespoons Moong Dal
- 1/2 Teaspoon Methi Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Poha
Ingredients (For Potato Masala)
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Jeera Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chana Dal
- 1/2 Teaspoon Urad Dal
- 1 Cup Sliced Onions
- 5 Chopped Green Chilies
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chopped Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cup Boiled & Mashed Potato
- Coriander Leaves
Ingredients (For Spicy Chutney)
- 2 Tablespoons Roasted Chana Dal
- 5 Dry Red Chilies
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Pieces Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
Method (For Dosa Batter)
- Soak 3 cups rice, 1 cup urad dal, 2 tablespoon chana dal, 2 tablespoon moong dal, and 1/2 teaspoon methi seeds for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Soak 1/2 cup poha before you grinding the batter.
- Grind all together and make a smooth batter.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and ferment overnight
Method (For Potato Masala)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan, add 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1/2 teaspoon chana dal, 1/2 teaspoon urad dal, and sauté well.
- Add 1 cup sliced onions, 5 chopped green chilies, few curry leaves, and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon chopped ginger, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and mix well.
- Add 2 cups of boiled and mashed potatoes. Mix well and add 1/4 cup water.
- Mix well and add coriander leaves. Turn off the stove. Keep it aside.
Method (For Spicy Chutney)
- In a jar, add 2 tablespoons roasted chana dal, 5 dry red chilies, 2 garlic cloves, 2 pieces ginger, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and make a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
Method (For Making Dosa)
- Add 2 scoops of dosa batter to the pan and immediately begin to spread in a circular motion. Make the circle until you reach the edge of the pan.
- Add the spicy masala paste and spread all over the dosa. Add 1/2 teaspoon oil.
- Add 2 teaspoons of potato masala and fold the dosa. Serve hot with coconut chutney.