Easy Chicken Pakki Biryani2021-02-17
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 50m
- Ready In: 1:10 h
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Serving Size1 Bowl
Pakki Biriyani that refers to full cooking the meat with whole spice and also the rice completely cooked. Then both are layered in a huge vessel and steamed till the dish has developed good flavors. Serve the Biryani along with onion raita and salan.
Ingredients (For Chicken Marination)
- 1 whole Chicken
- 2 Teaspoons Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 ½ Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Coriander Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Biryani Powder
- 4 Tablespoons Curd
Ingredients (For Cooking Rice)
- 10 Cups Basmati Rice
- 18 Cups Water
- 3 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Whole Spices
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Ghee
Ingredients (For Cooking Chicken)
- 1 Teaspoon Shahi Jeera
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 5 Green Chilies
- 1 Cup Mint Chopped
- 1 Cup Coriander Leaves Chopped
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Fried Onions
Ingredients (For Setting Chicken & Rice)
- 3 Teaspoons Ghee
- Pinch of Color in Milk
- Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Chopped Mint Leaves
- Fried Onions
- 1 Lemon Juice
Method (For Rice)
- Take 1 whole chicken, add 2 teaspoons ginger garlic paste, 2 1/2 teaspoons Chili powder, 2 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons coriander powder, 1 teaspoon biryani powder, 4 tablespoons curd, and mix well, marinate overnight.
- Wash 10 cups of basmati rice and soak the water.
- Add 18 cups water, 3 teaspoons salt, 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste, whole spices, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon ghee and soak for 30 minutes, turn on the rice cooker.
Method (For Chicken)
- Heat a cooking bowl and add chicken marination, add 1 teaspoon Shahi Jeera, 2 tablespoons oil, and mix well.
- Add 5 green chilies, 1 cup mint chopped, 1 cup coriander leaves chopped, and mix well.
- Add 1 cup milk & mix well.
- Add 1 cup fried onions, mix well and cook until chicken gravy is thick.
Method (For Setting Biryani)
- Heat a big Kadai, apply 3 teaspoons ghee, add chicken pieces, add half of the cooked rice, add the chicken gravy on the top of the rice, add the rest of the rice.
- Make holes to the rice and add a Pinch of color in milk.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, chopped mint leaves, fried onions, 1 lemon Juice.
- Cover with foil & close the lid, cook for 30 minutes on medium.
- Turn off the stove and enjoy the chicken biryani.