Fruity Whole-Grain Cereal2021-06-11
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Ready In: 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Serving Size1 Cup
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Uncooked Quick-Cooking Pearl Barley
- 1/4 Cup Uncooked Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1/2 Cup Soymilk or Almond Milk
- 1/3 Cup Golden Raisins
- 1/4 Cup Finely chopped Dried Date
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Dried Plums
- 1/4 Cup Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 Cup Oat Bran
- 2 Tablespoons Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Bring water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add barley and rice. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
Stir in soymilk, raisins, dates, plums, oats, oat bran, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until mixture is creamy and grains are al dente, stirring once. Serve hot. Refrigerate any leftover cereal in an airtight container.
To reheat, place one serving in a microwavable bowl. Microwave 30 seconds; stir. Add water or dairy-free milk for desired consistency. Microwave just until hot.