Hyderabadi Nawabi Shahi Tukda2021-02-18
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 60m
- Ready In: 1:10 h
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Shahi Tukda is a rich & festive dessert made with bread, ghee, sugar, milk & nuts. It is a very popular classic royal dessert. Shahi Tukda is much similar to the Hyderabadi double ka Meeta.
Ingredients (For Dry Fruits Powder)
- 1 Cup Almonds
- 1 Cup Cashews
- 1/2 Cup Pistachios
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Few Pepper Corns
- 1 Teaspoon Cardamom Seeds
- 2 Pinches Saffron
Ingredients (For Rabdi)
- 1 Teaspoon Corn Flour
- 1 Liter Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoons Cardamom Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Masala Milk Powder
- A pinch of Saffron
Ingredients (For Sugar Syrup)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 4 Slices Bread
- Nuts (Cashews & Pistachios)
Method (For Dry Fruits Powder)
- In a grinder add 1 cup almonds, 1 cup cashews, 1/2 cup pistachios, 1 1/2 cup sugar, few peppercorns, 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds, 2 pinches saffron, and make a fine powder.
Method (For Rabdi)
- Add 1 teaspoon cornflour and 2 teaspoons milk. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add milk to it. Bring the milk to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium and keep stirring and move the cream to the sides of the pan. Cook the milk for 1 to 1.5 hours, until it is reduced to a quarter.
- Mix all the cream into the milk. Add 4 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder, add 2 teaspoons masala milk powder, a pinch of saffron, and mix well.
- Add cornflour milk. Mix well and turn off the stove. Keep it aside.
Method (For Sugar Syrup)
- Add 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, and mix well.
- Boil the syrup for 2 minutes and add 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder.
- Turn off the stove and keep it aside.
Method (For Setting Shahi Tukda)
- Cut each bread slice diagonally into 2 triangles.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the bread until brown. Remove them to a plate.
- Add 2 scoops of rabdi to a serving plate.
- Dip the fried bread slices in sugar syrup for 30 seconds.
- Take out and put the bread on top of rabdi.
- Add rabdi on top of the bread and garnish with nuts.