Aloo Paneer Paratha
Updated: Dec 18, 2020
Aloo paneer paratha, or stuffed potato and cottage cheese paratha, is a delicious and healthy variety of a stuffed pan-fried Indian bread.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Snack Serves: 4
Prep Time: 10 Min Cook Time: 15 Min Total Time: 25 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1
Calories: 265. Carbs: 28g. Fat: 13g. Protein: 9g
2 Boiled Potatoes
200 Grams Paneer
1 Teaspoon Jeera Seeds
2 Teaspoons Coriander Powder
1 Teaspoon Jeera Powder
2 Teaspoons Amchoor Powder
1 Chopped Green Chili
Chopped Coriander Leaves
Chopped Mint Leaves
1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Cups Wheat Flour
1/4 Cup Milk
1. Grate 2 boiled potato and 200 grams paneer in a bowl. Add 1 teaspoon Jeera seeds, 2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon Jeera powder, 2 teaspoons amchoor powder, 1 chopped green chili, chopped coriander leaves, chopped mint leaves, 1 teaspoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt. Mix all together and keep it aside.
2. In a bowl add 2 cups wheat flour and add 1/4 cup milk. Add little water at a time and make a dough.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of oil/ghee and knead for a minute. Cover it with a damp cloth for 20 minutes.
4. Knead one more time and take a small amount of dough to make paratha.
5. Make the dough flat and coat it in dry flour.
6. With a rolling pin, roll them into about 4 to 5 inches diameter rounds.
7. place the aloo paneer stuffing in the center and keeping about 2 to 2.5 inches space from the sides.
8. Take the edge and start pleating as well as bringing the pleats in the center.
9. Join the pleats together. The pleats have to be joined well, as otherwise there will be gaps while rolling and the filling comes out.
10. Sprinkle some flour and roll this version of aloo paratha to about the same size as that of a chapati or roti.
11. Heat the tawa grease it with oil and place the rolled paratha. Apply ghee.
12. Turn over once it shows the tiny bubbles.
13. Flip again once or twice till both the sides of the paratha are cooked properly. You should see crisp brown spots on the paratha.
14. Serve hot with pickle or raita.
Watch the Video for Procedure: