Gongura (Sorrel Leaves) Chana Dal Curry
Sorrel leaves chana dal is a dal mixed curry recipe and got so many health benefits. This recipe is simple, very tasty, iron-rich, and easy to make.
Cuisine: Indian Course: Main Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 15 Min Total Time: 20 min .
Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1 Cup
Calories: 195 Carbs: 37g. Fat: 1g. Protein: 10g
1 Big bowl of Gongura (Sorrel Leaves)
1/4 Cup Chana Dal
2 Tablespoon Oil
1 Tablespoon Jeera
1 Teaspoon Methi Seeds
Few Garlic Cloves
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 1/2 Teaspoon Green Chili paste
1 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Chopped Tomato
1. Soak 1/4 cup chana dal in dal for 15 minutes. Keep it aside
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add 1/2 gongura in oil.
3. Now add 1 tablespoon jeera, 1 teaspoon methi seeds, few garlic cloves, soaked chana dal, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 1/2 teaspoon green chili paste, 1 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and the rest of the gongura.
4. Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes. Mix well.
5. Add 1/2 tomato and mix well. Add little water and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Mix well and turn off the stove.
Watch the Video for Procedure: