- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
- 6 Tablespoons Boiling Water
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Flaxseeds
- 2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Plain Unsweetened Almond or Soymilk
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Pecans, Toasted
- Vegan Buttery Spread or Maple Syrup for Serving
Combine boiling water and flaxseed in a small bowl. Let stand until cool. Preheat classic round waffle iron, grease lightly.
Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk almond milk and oil in a medium bowl. Add to flour mixture with flaxseed mixture, stir just until blended. Stir in pecans.
For each waffle, pour about 1/2 cup batter into a waffle iron. Close lid and bake until steaming stops.
Serve with spread and maple syrup