It is one of the important herbs for the Indian kitchen to make Indian cuisine tasty. All the parts of this herb have a very strong smell; hence it is called Ugragandha in Sanskrit. Ajwain has many health and medicinal benefits. It is a well-known herbal formulation for an instant remedy for stomachache. The seed, oil, flowers, and extract are used as medicine for various diseases. It is also one of the potent medicines to kill worms. It is extremely beneficial for Earache, toothache, Influenza, Heart problems, Arthritis, Nasal blockage. The person feeling excessive sexual desire may take it to cool down himself.
Health Benefits of Carom Seeds
1. Instant Remedy for Stomachache
- It has alcoholic qualities in a very mild form; therefore, it may be used as instant stomach pain.
- Ajwain along with the small quantity of salt, when sip with warm water is quite beneficial for indigestion and stomach pain.
- For the person suffering from indigestion and anorexia, 1 tsp of Ajwain seed may be taken along with food.
2. Ajwain for Cold
- For chronic and recurrent colds, it is recommended to take fried seeds of ajwain in the dose of 2 grams for 15-20 days.
- Inhaling of its grind seed is also beneficial in case of headache, migraine, and cold &cough.
- Chewing Ajwain seeds with lukewarm water is effective in curing cough.
3. Ajwain for Asthma
- Inhalation of the smoke of Ajwain acts as a bronchodilator and makes the breathing pattern easier.
- The person suffering from Asthma may take the paste of Ajwain and Jaggery, 1 tsp, twice a day. This mixture is helpful in asthma prevention and treatment.
4. Ajwain for Diabetes Millitus
- 1 tsp of Ajwain seeds and 4 tsp of Bael leaves juice if taken 2 to 3 times a day, are effective in polyuria commonly seen in case of Diabetes.
5. How to get rid of Alcohol Addiction
- To get rid of Alcohol addiction, a decoction of ajwain may be taken in the dose of 30 ml at night for 50 days.
- Persons, who use alcohol excessively, may experience acute stomach pain. For such patients, 1 tsp of ajwain seeds may be consumed along with warm water twice a day.
6. Ajwain for Cholera
- It has the ability to minimize the impact of threadworms and intestinal bacterial infection. Hence, it is good to give cholera patients.
7. Ajwain to dissolve Kidney Stones
- When the mix of Ajwain seeds, honey, and vinegar is used for 10 days, it helps to dissolve kidney stones that ultimately remove with urine.
8. Ajwain for Weight Loss
Ajwain has appetite-stimulating properties and on account of laxative components, it fastens the bowel movement and thus helps in weight loss. Regular taking of ajwain also helps to regulate obesity.
9. Ajwain reduces Gas and Flatulence
Ajwain is one of the best herbal wonder drugs for gas, flatulence, and indigestion. The distilled water of it is good for the above-said problems and also enhances appetite.
10. Ajwain for Acidity and Hyperacidity
Ajwain seeds have anti-hyperacidity properties. A patient with acidity or hyperacidity may consume ajwain along with lukewarm water + salt either in the morning or after a meal. When taken for 10-15 days, it shows good results. Read Acidity Control and Prevention through Herbal means.
The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. WINDHU KITCHEN is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts, or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of WINDHU KITCHEN does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.